The UK Department of Education and Social Service advises private schools to recommend accredited AEGIS organisations to their overseas families to ensure the security and safety of pupils. English Guardian is proud to be fully accredited by AEGIS (The Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students) which means that our services have been inspected by independent regulators and that we can guarantee the highest standards of care. By offering training and support we make sure that our host families follow our comprehensive Child Protection Policy.
Our Child Protection Policy is based on various pieces of legislation, including:
- The AEGIS guidance on safeguarding
- The Children Act 1989
- The United Convention of the Rights of the Child 1991
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- The Protection of Children Act 1999
- The Sexual Offences Act 2003
- The Children Act 2004
- The Protection of Freedom Act 2012
- The Children and Family Act 2014
- Further government guidance on child protection.
English Guardian’s Child Protection Policy is designed to ensure your child’s safety, at all times and in all locations. Please contact our Child Protection Officer if you would like any further information.